Impartiality is essential for SSE to achieve the desired quality of the certification services, and we therefore have a high focus on impartiality in all stages of the certification processes. All employees are aware of their roles in the certification process and are obliged to handle their role professionally.
Declaration of impartial certification
SSE shall be impartial when we certify persons and companies. To clarify what SSE puts into being impartial, this is summarized in the following points:
- SSE shall not allow the certification process to be influenced by commercial or financial motives
- SSE shall not be pressured
- SSE shall only relate to facts / evidence when we consider cases
- All employees in SSE shall consider their impartiality in each individual case. Where employees are impartial or feel uncomfortable against conflicts of interest, the employee shall on its own initiative ask others in the company to take over the task.
- If employees have own interests in the certification or employees believe that others may perceive that there is a conflict of interest, the employee shall notify the management and the management shall implement necessary measures.
- SSE employees shall not participate in the certification process if the person in question has had an active role in the certification process as an employee of the certified party for the past 2 years.
- SSE shall not conduct internal audits of companies that are certified or are in a certification process.
- An employee of SSE who has contributed with consulting services in a company in connection with certification shall not participate in the certification process in the same company.